When will the platform go live?
We are planning on opening access to the membership platform in stages, so we can iron out teething problems as we go. The different stages are planned as follows:
- Forums (Members Only): available for both personal and professional growth
- Learning Management System (Members Only): members can get their online courses uploaded for selling/hosting via the platform
- Buying Online Courses (Everyone): all platform visitors will be able to purchase and follow courses that are hosted on our Learning Management System
- SkillXChange (Members Only): our vanilla-version is available to exchanging skills, while the platform earns an income to cover the costs of creating our bespoke Community Bartering System
Does my membership renew automatically?
Membership to NetNomads Community is available in three payment methods: Annual, Quarterly or Monthly and auto-renews until you stop it. Annual subscribers will be sent a reminder one month before renewal. Your membership is valid for the duration of your paid subscription.
Oops, I’ve placed an order and changed my mind…
Everyone has the right to change their mind within 14 days and can request a refund. This does not apply to online digital content that has been downloaded / streamed / attended (eg Online Courses, Crowdfunding Rewards, etc) within the 14-day period. To request a refund, please send an email to email@example.com and we will process it accordingly.
How do I change/cancel my membership?
Want to change the payment frequency of your membership? Or perhaps cancel your membership (we’d hate to see you go, but we understand life is full of change)? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are refunds processed?
Each person has the right to change their mind, within 14-days of purchase. This does not apply to online digital content that has been downloaded, streamed or attended (eg online courses, virtual events, …). Should you wish to cancel your order, send an email to email@example.com.
Refunds are a reverse process of the payment ie. using the same payment method you chose. You will receive confirmation of the refund. We will endeavour to process the refunds as quickly as possible, but please allow up to 5 working days for it to be processed.
Why isn’t membership free?
It’s valuable! And building/maintaining a platform like this costs money, time and effort 🙂
Of course we’ll be sharing free tools, tips and info through our blog, newsletter and social media platforms, but the real value of this platform will be for members-only in our gated community.
So instead of selling your attention (like other free platforms do), we’ve opted for this mix of contributions to cover expenses:
- membership fees: cover the costs of building and maintaining the platform so we can offer a gated platform valued by its members
- crowdfunding rewards: for people not yet ready to be Self-Employed Entrepreneurs, but who want to share their support for creating a warm & fuzzy community
- donations: altruistic gestures to support the growth of a collaborative community (deeply appreciated)
- commission on courses sold: members selling their online courses via our platform enjoy 75% of the earned revenue (excluding refunds, etc). 25% is used towards member course discounts, processing fees and a platform contribution
- sponsored infomercials: on our public blog, businesses that are relevant to Self-Employed Entrepreneurs, will be able to contribute quality infomercials, thereby adding value to our members and the public, as well as raising funds to cover the costs for marketing (more information to follow)
Is my donation tax deductible?
Nope. Stichting NetNomads is registered in the Netherlands as a Not-for-Profit Organisation with Chamber of Commerce number 83351469 and not as a Charity (a so-called “ANBI” Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling). Your donations are truly altruistic and very much appreciated!
How can I contribute financially to NetNomads Community?
Our not-for-profit community relies on crowdfunding to pay for the platform and for the skills of those involved in creating, developing, maintaining, engaging in their professional capacities, and more. Choose from these types of financial contributions:
- Membership: designed for Self-Employed Entrepreneurs to learn, grow and share in a members-only online platform
- Crowdfunding Rewards: designed for those wanting to enrich their professional/personal skills, while supporting the building of an authentically warm & fuzzy platform
- Donations: for kind-hearted souls who want to empower the Crew to spread love, joy and compassion
- Donate via PayPal: our webshop uses Stripe for payments, but you can also donate to Stichting NetNomads via Paypal
- Sponsored Posts: relevant businesses can publish quality infomercials on our public blog (coming soon)
Is there another way to contribute to the NetNomads Community?
Please share our vision and goals with everyone who you might think would benefit from being a member, or would like to be a part of this platform. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your thoughts, ideas and suggestions via the contact form on the website, or one of the social media platforms listed below. We love a good brainstorming session!